Linear drains are a wonderful solution for showers in homes, hotels, healthcare facilities, and more. With any product, it is important to learn as much as you can about it before determining what will work best for your needs. One of the best ways to do that is by reading up on the questions that are asked most often about the product.
Below are a few questions News From the Block noted as being the most frequently asked about linear shower drains in general. If you’re looking into linear shower drains for your needs, you may find yourself asking some of these questions.
Why should I use a channel (linear) drain?
- The drain is set to the perimeter so you don’t have the uncomfortable feeling of stepping on a shower drain while showering.
- Since the drain is set to the end of the base, and the base is sloped in one direction, you can use large tiles or stones and minimize the number of grout joints.
- A trough drain system can be used in less expensive accessible showers where the base is raised from the floor (vs. the more costly bases which are set below the subfloor).
Are special pipes needed for these drains?
- No. You can use a standard 2” pipe connection.
What lengths and sizes are available? What are these drains made of?
- Sizes and dimensions will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer but common sizes include 26”, 30”, 36”, 40”, 44” 46”, 52” and 68”. Custom sized shower drains can be made from 10” to 10’ long. The drains or made of heavy gauge stainless steel.
LUXE Linear Drains has a variety of linear shower drain products available in different styles and sizes. Please visit our website today for more information, or just give us a call at 877-398-8110.